Y’all’s favorite American pasta dish just put on its summer clothes, y’all!
This here’s a vegan sweet potato Mac ‘n cheese that’s as rich and comfortin’ just like the original, but thanks to some silken tofu and roasted sweet potatoes, it’s lighter than a feather and as smooth as silk.
It’s the perfect thing to bring to a vegan BBQ or a garden party with your good friends on these warm summer nights.
And would you believe it’s pretty healthy and high in protein too? It’s like having your cake and eatin’ it too!
If y’all try this recipe at home, make sure you tag your photo with #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I do love seein’ all of your beautiful recreations.
And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips, and travel diaries delivered straight to your inbox.
Vegan Sweet Potato Mac ’N Cheese Recipe
- 500 g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 7 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp thyme, leaves picked
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of pepper & salt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 350 g silken tofu
- 100 ml soy milk
- 200 ml water
- Pepper & salt to taste
- 300 g Macaroni pasta
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Roast the sweet potato, garlic and thyme tossed in the olive oil and pepper and salt in the oven until the sweet potato is tender.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions.
- Place the roasted sweet potato cubes, garlic and thyme in a blender and add the lemon juice, mustard, nutritional yeast, silken tofu, soy milk and water in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy and add pepper and salt to taste.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the cheesy sweet potato sauce. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed cooking up my recipes, there are a couple more delicious vegan recipes I would love for you to try.
First is my Vegan Coconut Tomato Dhal recipe; it’s hearty, comforting and packed full of flavors that will take your taste buds on a trip to India.
If you’re in the mood for something light yet satisfying, you might want to prepare my Vegan Mediterranean Grilled Tofu Wraps recipe. It is a refreshing combination of grilled tofu and crunchy fresh vegetables enveloped in a soft wrap.
For a fancier dinner option go with my Vegan Spiral Vegetable Tart With Sun-Dried Tomato Cream recipe. The decadent sun-dried tomato cream complements the spiralized veggies perfectly.
Lastly, make your Sunday special with my Super Easy One Pan Vegan Sunday Roast recipe – it’s an all-in-one pan wonder that will impress any crowd!