These here Vegan Cookies & Cream Cake Bars are a chocolate enthusiast’s wildest dreams come true, fresh from a cocoa paradise.
Y’all’ll salivate over the ooey-gooey and moist chocolate cake base, which is crowned with a decadent cookies & cream layer, a dusting of coarse sea salt, and cookie crumbles all atop.
Yearnin’ for some chocolate on a hot summer day? Serve these bars up good and chilled, and just let that rich chocolaty flavor melt right in your mouth.
It don’t get much more delightful than that.
Hold your horses now, maybe it does. These little treats are as easy to whip up as they are delicious and they’re ready in around 30 minutes.
All you gotta do is pop ’em in the icebox, let that cookies & cream layer set nice and firm, then you can gobble ’em up even to a week later…
If y’all got the willpower not to polish ’em off on day one. Bon appetit, y’all!
Vegan Cookies & Cream Cake Bars Recipe
For the brownie layer:
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp White Wine vinegar (Apple Cider vinegar works too)
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
For the cookies & cream layer:
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 ½ cups coconut cream (melted)
- 18 cream filled cookies (Oreo style)
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- Melt the chopped chocolate using a water bath or the microwave on the lowest heat setting.
- Add the water, vegetable oil, vinegar, vanilla extract and melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Grease a baking pan spread the batter evenly and sprinkle with coarse salt and chopped walnuts.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 175ºC or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile using a saucepan cover the cashews with water and bring them to a boil and let them cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the cashews to a blender or food processor.
- Melt the coconut cream (you can use the firm part of a coconut milk can) and add them to the blender. Blend until you have a creamy texture.
- Now add the lemon juice and 10 cream filled cookies and pulse until smooth.
- When the brownie layer is out of the oven pour the cream layer on top, spread it evenly and sprinkle with the chunks of 8 crushed cookies. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until the cookie layer has set. Enjoy!
If you’re a fan of my inventive vegan recipes, there are a few others that I’m sure you’d be thrilled to try.
First up, why not give my Vegan “Snickers” Ice Cream Bowl recipe a whirl? It’s a divine fusion of sweet and nutty flavors that will have you coming back for more.
If tropical tastes are more your style, my Vegan Mango Coconut Chia Pudding recipe might just be your new favorite dessert.
Looking for something indulgently chocolatey? Then you simply must try my Vegan Nut & Caramel Chocolate Bars (Aka Better Than Snickers Bars) recipe.
And for the berry lovers out there, I can highly recommend my Vegan Blueberry Vanilla Cheesecake Cups (With Blueberry Jam Filling) recipe.
I love sharing these unique and delicious vegan treats with you all – enjoy!